Friday, July 1, 2011

Q & A With this Weeks Featured Indie Author Victorine E. Lieske!!

I am so excited to have this weeks featured Indie author Victorine E. Lieske and her new book The Overtaking stop by for a little Q and A time with me.
I had so much fun reading this book. It has it all. A little paranormal, a little mystery, a sweet romance, a little sci-fi and some great characters. I highly recommend it to anyone who is looking for a great new fresh story and for the next two weeks I am holding a contest for one lucky winner to receive a free e-book copy of The Overtaking from author Victorine Lieske!
Click the link below for details on how to enter the contest.
http://myguiltyobsession.blogspot.com/p/giveaways.html


Thank you so much again Victorine for stopping by and answering a few questions about your new book!



Me: "I really enjoyed reading your new book The Overtaking, it was so different from your first book Not What She Seems which is a mystery/suspense book. What made you decide to switch up genres for this new book?"

Victorine: "It's funny because I never thought Not What She Seems would become a huge seller for me, so switching genres never crossed my mind as a bad idea. As a reader, I love many different types of books. I'm guessing there are other readers out there like me, who sometimes get tired of reading the same genre and like to mix it up a bit. I love writing about relationships, so the one constant you'll find in my books are the sweet romance stories."

Me: "I love the world and people that you created for The Overtaking and how this story is a great blend of sci-fi, mystery and paranormal. How did you come up with the idea for Shayne's world?"

Victorine: "I had a thought one day which really blossomed into the whole story, and that was this: What if we found out we are not really from Earth? What if someone changed our memories? Studies have shown that we only use a small percentage of our brains. What if someone suppressed much of what we really could do with them? With these questions festering in my head, Shayne was born. And of course I had to add a love interest for him, so the natural thing for me to do was introduce Danielle in the first chapter. In my first draft of the book, Danielle was actually another Maslonian who Shayne had been dating, and after the memory wipe he didn't recognize her. But after trying to explore that, I found it worked better if Danielle was on the opposite side, trying to hide what they had done to Shayne."

Me: "I am so excited to learn more about Shayne, Danielle, Jennaya and the whole group. Do you have a tentative date set for the next book?"

Victorine: "I hope to have the book out before the end of the year. If I can squeeze out more time to write, I might have it done before December."

Me: "How many books are you planning for the series?"

Victorine: "I have three books planned right now. I'm sort of a seat-of-my-pants writer, so I'll have to see how things go to tell you if there might be more books in the series."

Me: "I love that there is more than one story going on in this book but they intertwine within the story and come together. All of the characters are very memorable and you want to know everything about them. Are there going to be even more characters introduced in the next books?"

Victorine: "Yes. In the beginning of book two Danielle gets separated from Shayne. She gets stuck in the Holodome and ends up in a mental institution on fake earth where no one believes her...except for another mental patient. We also get to meet some more of the cave dwellers outside of the Holodome."

Me: "When I was younger I always loved the idea of being able to read minds and move things with my mind (can you imagine how fun that would be at Halloween parties?), in fact next to invisibility I thought it would be one of the best super powers to have. If you could have any super power what would it be?"

Victorine: "I agree with you, telekinesis is the coolest power to have. As a kid I read a book about a girl with that power, The Girl with the Silver Eyes, and that probably influenced me while writing The Overtaking. It would be fun at Halloween parties, or even just at the dinner table when someone asks to pass the salt. ;) "

Me: "Thank you so much Victorine for answering my questions and for offering a free copy of your book to one lucky winner. I really did have a lot of fun talking to you and getting to know you better. Your book was amazing. I can't wait for the next release!"

This truly was a great story from a very talented author. If you haven't read anything by Lieske yet, please do, you are missing out. Her first book, Not What She Seems is also a fabulous romantic suspense. Either one will blow you away!

2 comments:

  1. Hi! I tried to post a comment on the giveaway page but there didn't appear to be a way to. Just thought I'd let you know in case something was wrong. I want to win Vicki's book!

    --Jason Letts

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah for some reason you can't post comments on anything tabbed but posting them here is perfect. :)

    Good luck, I hope you win!! Her book is amazing!

    ReplyDelete