Tuesday, July 5, 2011

Tris and Izzie by Mette Ivie Harrison

Title: Tris and Izzie
Author: Mette Ivie Harrison
Published by: EgmontUSA (Oct. 11, 2011)
Source: ARC Copy
Genre: YA
My Rating: 3.5 Stars

Goodreads Description:
A modern retelling of the German fairytale "Tristan and Isolde", Tris and Izzie is about a young witch named Izzie who is dating Mark King, the captain of the basketball team and thinks her life is going swimmingly well. Until -- she makes a love potion for her best friend Brangane and then ends up taking it herself accidentally, and falling in love with Tristan, the new guy at school.

My Review: 
What first caught my eye with this book was the cover, it is gorgeous and then the title as well, I mean come on, who doesn't love the story about Tristan and Isolde?
When I first read the description of the book I thought this was going to be a little more like a love story than anything else. And while it did have a sweet romance feel to it it was more than that. I think I would call it more of a magical adventure with slight romance thrown in than anything else.
It is a fun creative story though but at times it seemed to move a little too quickly and put the romance part on the back burner, well maybe not the back burner but the romance wasn't as intense as I guess I was hoping that it would be.
Overall it was a fun fast read and the ending left it wide open for a sequel which I would definitely read just so I could hopefully see more of a relationship developing between Izzie and Tris.

2 comments:

  1. Ohh, the cover looks really pretty! It sounds interesting too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great Review! I can't wait to read this one:) I'm really drawn to this cover too. It's beautiful.

    ReplyDelete