Tuesday, August 2, 2011

Bad Taste in Boys (Kate Grable #1) by Carrie Harris

Title: Bad Taste in Boys
Author: Carrie Harris
Published By: Delacorte Press (July 12, 2011)
Genre: YA Paranormal
My Rating: 4 Stars

Goodreads Description:
Someone's been a very bad zombie.

Kate Grable is horrified to find out that the football coach has given the team steroids. Worse yet, the steroids are having an unexpected effect, turning hot gridiron hunks into mindless flesh-eating zombies. No one is safe--not her cute crush Aaron, not her dorky brother, Jonah . . . not even Kate!

She's got to find an antidote--before her entire high school ends up eating each other. So Kate, her best girlfriend, Rocky, and Aaron stage a frantic battle to save their town. . . and stay hormonally human.


My Review:
First off, I should mention that I just don't read books about zombies, I mean, I have before. I read The Forest of Hands and Teeth and really enjoyed it but normally I shy away from books where zombies are the main focus because lets face it, eww! Flesh eating mindless corpses? Where is the fun in that?
But yet, I still have this horrible habit of getting books based on the covers and this cover is just so unique and eye catching that I knew I would have to give it a try zombies or no zombies.
And I am so glad I gave this book a try. I think the best word I would think of if I had to describe this read with only one word would be, fun. This was just a fun, cute, funny read and yes, I even enjoyed the zombies.
In fact, I had so much fun reading this book that I will most definitely be reading the others in the series, it was that fun and that good. 
So different from others reads out there. This definitely isn't anything serious or life changing but if you want to just read something that will let you get away for a little bit and have a fun time while doing it, this is so the read for you. Not only that but Harris is a great writer. I loved Kate's voice and character. 
This book was a solid 4 out of 5 stars. 

No comments:

Post a Comment