Wednesday, August 17, 2011

Indie Author of the Week, Maria E. Schneider and Catch an Honest Thief

Okay, so I am featuring the Indie Author of the Week a little early this week but I read catch an Honest Thief by Maria E. Schneider and I didn't want to wait another few days to leave my review.

Let me start off by saying that I am really not sure how to classify this book. Is it a mystery? Is it Sci-Fi? Well, I think it is a little bit of both but mostly, I would say it is a mystery and anyone who knows me very well knows I love a good mystery.


I was really looking forward to reading this book, I have never read anything by the author before and when she graciously offered me one of her books I took her up on the offer and dove right in.


I had a hard time at first getting into the story, for some reason I felt a little lost. I didn't feel like I understood exactly where Haven (the town the story takes place) was or why it was so different from the other places and why was a psychiatrist acting as a thief? What was the purpose behind it? Is this story set in the future?


Thankfully it didn't take long for these questions to be answered and for the story to pick up. In fact once it did I had a hard time putting it down. I wanted to learn more about Alexia and how her mind worked and why she did the things she does and of course, I loved trying to figure out who the real thief was. I have to admit, I didn't see who the culprit was coming. I love a book that can stump me.


Overall I really enjoyed reading this and thought it was very well written. It flowed together nicely and I really enjoyed Schneider's writing style. I look forward to reading more of her work in the future.


I would give this book 4 Stars out of 5.

No comments:

Post a Comment