Wednesday, September 14, 2011

Magic Hands by Jennifer Laurens

Title: Magic Hands
Author: Jennifer Laurens
Published By: Grove Creek Publishing (Feb. 1. 2007)
Genre: YA Realistic Fiction
My Rating: 3 Stars


Goodreads Description:
Cort, the high school senior jock seems to have it all -- except a summer job. When he lands one doing women's nails, his eyes are opened to the catty, back-stabbing world of females. Girls he thought he knew and trusted turn out to shock and use him. He gets to know Rachel, an elusive girl the others gossip about, a girl with secrets. From her he learns there is more to life than weekend partying and social status, and one of the secrets she shares with him will change his life forever.

My Review:
This was a cute story and an easy fast read, however I thought the ending felt a little unfinished. Like the author just wasn't sure where to go from there so she just ended it.
I think I would have liked to see a little more. I don't want to give anything away but it would have been nice to know some more about them like, what happened at prom? Where they officially a couple after? I guess part of me just didn't feel any connection to the characters whatsoever.
I am all for making your own ending and guessing what happens to them after but...I don't know, this ending just didn't sit well with me.
Overall though it was a nice read and it certainly won't detour me from reading more by Laurens. It was nice to read a YA book that was clean with little to no swearing, drinking or sex involved.

No comments:

Post a Comment