Saturday, November 26, 2011

Chasing Clovers by Kat Flannery

Title: Chasing Clovers
Author: Kat Flannery
Series: Stand Alone
Published By: Imajin Books (Self Published, Oct. 9, 2011)
Genre: Historical Romance
My Rating: 4 Stars


Goodreads Description:
 Mail order bride, Livy Green, is desperate to escape the memories of her past. John Taylor will never love another woman again, but his children need a mother. Will they learn to trust each other, or will their pasts interfere?

Longing to escape the awful memories and the saloon she once sang in, Livy Green lies about her past so she can be a wife to John Taylor and mother to his two young children. Overwhelmed by the task, she struggles to put her resentment aside and love them as her own.

John loved his first wife and is still heartbroken over the loss, but he needs a mother for his children. When his distant and unfriendly mail order bride arrives, he begins to doubt his decision, though one glance into Livy's terrified green eyes tells him he can’t turn his back on her.

As Livy's past catches up with her and suspicious accidents begin to happen on the ranch, she is tempted to come clean and tell John the truth. But will he send her back if she does? Or will they forever be CHASING CLOVERS?


My Review:
It has been awhile since I have read a historical romance so it was nice to change it up a little with this book.
I love almost anything set in the 1800"s and I love a good romance and this happens to be both things that I love wrapped up in a good story.

This is the first book by Flannery that I have read and I really enjoyed it.

The characters were great, Olivia was feisty and broken and flawed and I just really enjoyed watching her character grow and her broken heart mend. I love how strong and courageous she was.

And John was a great character too, also broken but determined to do what was best for his family and I really loved watching him overcome his demons as well.

This really truly was a sweet story that was very well written and had just enough romance and action to keep you turning the pages and wanting more.

No comments:

Post a Comment