Thursday, November 17, 2011

Thoughtless by S.C. Stephens

Title: Thoughtless
Author: S.C. Stephens
Series: Book one in two
Published By: Self Published (June 11, 2010)
Genre: Mature YA
My Rating: 5 Stars

Goodreads Description:
 For almost two years now, Kiera's boyfriend, Denny, has been everything she's ever wanted: loving, tender and endlessly devoted to her. When they head off to a new city to start their lives together, Denny at his dream job and Kiera at a top-notch university, everything seems perfect. Then an unforeseen obligation forces the happy couple apart.

Feeling lonely, confused, and in need of comfort, Kiera turns to an unexpected source – a local rock star named Kellan Kyle. At first, he's purely a friend that she can lean on, but as her loneliness grows, so does their relationship. And then one night everything changes...and none of them will ever be the same.



My Review:
How does one even start to describe a book like this one?

One that makes you feel like you are on an emotional roller coaster with all of its ups and downs and highs and lows.

When it was good it was great and when it wasn't so good, you wanted to reach through the pages and smack the MC Kiera or chuck your book across the room in frustration and exasperation with wrongness of it all. 


This is just one of those books that gets under your skin. One you can't stop thinking about long after you have put it down.

Lets face it, Kiera made some horrendous mistakes and choices that really hurt two really great guys that you just couldn't help but fall in love with and even though they were totally different from one another they were both just swoon worthy in their own ways and so hard to pick a favorite.

I still can't even say, hours after finishing this book and thinking about it, that I necessarily liked one more than the other. I loved them both for their own reasons and it broke my heart when their hearts got broken. In fact, I found myself frustrated with Kiera and not really liking her much through out this book. If she would have been someone I would have known in real life I would have had a hard time being her friend. I know, sound awful but I hated that she strung two fabulous guys along and continually was selfish throughout the whole ordeal.

I will say this though, as much as she frustrated me, I still felt for her and have to admit, if I would have been in her shoes, I would have had a hard time choosing too.

I hated how she put herself in the situations that she did but I was still fascinated enough with the story and the writing that I had to keep reading. I had to find out what happened, and the romance? Well the romance was what really kept me coming back.

This book really reminded me a lot of Beautiful Disaster by Jamie McGuire, was I loved by the way, I usually don't like to compare books but this one really had the same feel to it. There was the good guy, the bad boy and the girl that you wanted to shake until she saw what was right in front of her and stopped trying to run away from it and accepted it for what it was.

I really did enjoy this read and I had a really hard time putting it down, it just captivated me with all the drama and sweet romance and yes, even the heartbreak.

S.C Stephens definitely knows how to create a swoon worthy guy, and in this case, two very swoon worthy guys that will take your breath away and make you fall in love with them.

2 comments:

  1. I freaking loved this book! Have you read any of S.C. Stephens other work? Conversion was also really good!


    Book Addict

    ReplyDelete
  2. I haven't, this was the first one but I definitely plan on reading her others as well.

    ReplyDelete