Wednesday, December 28, 2011

Review: The Fairy Letters by Kailin Gow

Title: The Fairy Letters (Frost Series Novella)
Author: Kailin Gow
Series: Book 3.5 of 5 in the Frost Series
Published By: TheEDGE Books ( Aug. 1. 2011)
Genre: YA Fantasy
My Rating: 4 Stars


Goodreads Description:
A series of letter from the Winter Prince Kian of Feyland to the Summer Queen Breena during the time of their separation. Their love was forbidden as Winter and Summer Fey are at war with each other. Promised to each other at birth during a brief interlude of peace between the warring fey, Kian and Breena have always known they were each other's destinies. Now grown they are now the brokers of peace. In order to broker peace between Winter and Summer Fey, however, Kian and Breena must sacrifice their love. But in doing so, they made a promise to each other. A promise Kian thought would never be broken. But it was... Meanwhile, sharing a similar fate in love is Kian's sister Princess Shasta and her Summer Knight love Rodney....but her ways are different from her brother Kian's.

My Review:
I will admit that I wasn't too sure about this series when I first started it but it really has grown on me with each new installment.

These letters are a great insight into not only Kian's feelings for Breena but also into Feyland itself. We get to hear some of the legends involving the Fey and the wolves as well as glimpses into the Summer and Winter Court and into Kian and Breena's childhood.

This really was a great addition to the series that adds a whole new level to everything that is happening.

I will admit that the letters towards the end started to break my heart a little though as I felt Kian's anguish over Breena's engagement.

I can't wait to see what book 5 will hold for them.
 

3 comments:

  1. I still haven't read anything by Kailin Gow. I hear mixed things about her work. What book of hers would you recommemd to a newbie?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I know you said you don't care for love triangles and so far all of her series that I have read have one in them.
    My favorite of the ones I have tried though is her Pulse series (about vampires).
    I just started her Steampunk series and like it so far..no love triangle yet! :P

    ReplyDelete
  3. I haven't heard of this series .... now I'm intrigued.... going to head off to Goodreads to find out about it.

    Thanks!!!
    Danielle :)
    http://knowntoread.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete