Monday, March 26, 2012

Review: The Prophet by Amanda Stevens

Title: The Prophet
Author: Amanda Stevens
Series: Book Three in the Graveyard Queen Series
Published By: Mira (April 24th, 2012)
Source: ARC Copy Provided by NetGalley
Genre: Urban Fantasy
My Rating: 4 Stars

Goodreads Description:
 My name is Amelia Gray.I am the Graveyard Queen, a cemetery restorer who sees ghosts. My father passed down four rules to keep me safe and I've broken every last one. A door has opened and evil wants me back.In order to protect myself, I've vowed to return to those rules. But the ghost of a murdered cop needs my help to find his killer. The clues lead me to the dark side of Charleston—where witchcraft, root doctors and black magic still flourish—and back to John Devlin, a haunted police detective I should only love from afar.Now I'm faced with a terrible choice: follow the rules or follow my heart.

My Review:
  In the third book in the Graveyard Queen Amelia has returned back home to Charleston and once again, she isn't alone.

She is being haunted.

And not just by one ghost but by two, both connected to Devlin and both dangerous in their own way.

Amelia decides this time, she will have to break the rules if she ever wants to find peace again.

Once again this series is just awesome. So dark and creepy and mysterious. This time it is even better.

It is creepiness at its best.

This one started off right away with giving me chills and once again thankful that I had started it during the day, with the bright sunshine outside to keep away any lurking shadows in the dark.

The spirits are getting restless and there is an evil lurking in the shadows, only this time, the evil isn't only in the dead but also the living.

Gah! Can I just say for the record that I think Amanda Stevens is a genius? I absolutely love her writing style. Everything just flows so nicely together and the storyline never has a lull or is ever too predictable. I am constantly on the edge of my seat frantically turning the pages wanting to know what is going to happen next.

I am so glad that we finally got some Devlin time in this one! Yay! I love his broody dark self, he is such a strong character and yet vulnerable too. I admire his love for his daughter and devotion to the people he cares about.

Devlin has so many secrets and finally they too are starting to unravel one by one. In fact, many people's secrets are uncovered in this story.

This truly was a thrilling read!

I want more! I can't help but wonder though with the way the book ended if there will in fact be another one, I really truly hope there will be.



2 comments:

  1. I am reading The Kingdom right now and loving it, so creepy and atmospheric. Lucky I have this waiting. Can I say, I love Angus! I am going to finish it this afternoon. I was stalking Amanda Steven's blog and yes there are more coming.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yay! You don't know how happy that makes me Heidi! I really love this series.

    I love Angus too! The Kingdom is really good too. Way more creepy than the first one!

    ReplyDelete