Wednesday, August 1, 2012

Review: Storm by Brigid Kemmerer

Title: Storm
Author: Brigid Kemmerer
Series: Book One in the Elementals Series
Published By: Kensington (April 24, 2012)
Genre: YA Paranormal
My Rating: 4.5 Stars

Goodreads Description:
 Becca Chandler is suddenly getting all the guys - all the ones she doesn't want. Ever since her ex-boyfriend spread those lies about her. Then she saves Chris Merrick from a beating in the school parking lot. Chris is different. Way different: he can control water just like his brothers can control fire, wind, and earth. They're powerful. Dangerous. Marked for death.

And now that she knows the truth, so is Becca.

Secrets are hard to keep when your life's at stake. When Hunter, the mysterious new kid around school, turns up with a talent for being in the wrong place at the right time, Becca thinks she can trust him. But then Hunter goes head-to-head with Chris, and Becca wonders who's hiding the most dangerous truth of all.

The storm is coming.


My Review: 
 I knew I wanted to read this series after first reading the synopsis months before it was released. Then the prequel Elemental was released and after reading it, I knew that this series was definitely a must read for me.

I love the YA genre but lets face it, sometimes it feels like some of the books are just the same ole same ole. You know? After awhile some of the story lines and series start to blend together and it can feel like there isn't anything new and fresh out there. Which is also why the concept of this series appealed to me so much. It was something different and unusual and something that hadn't been done thousands of times already before.

The Merrick brothers are definitely something new and fresh and something very much read worthy and maybe even a little drool worthy too. And Hunter? Well he isn't all bad either!

For those of you that like the bad boys with snarky attitudes but a heart of gold..well, this is a series for you.

Becca was a great character too, she was brave and strong and didn't back down from a challenge and she had a lot of challenges.

This really was a kick butt read and one that you don't want to miss out on. It really is a breath of fresh air in the world of YA paranormal and one that I look forward to reading more of. This promises to be a very good series that I see myself quickly falling in love with.

4 comments:

  1. Great review. I absolutely loved this book. I just read it last week. Actually, I've read the whole series over the past week. Now just have to write reviews. Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am reading Spark right now and I agree Ellen, this is an amazing series!
    Thanks for stopping by!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am kicking myself for not getting to this one sooner. I desperately want to meet those bad boys. Yes, I hear you about the typical YA. I am looking forward to clearing out my pile of YA and moving into some more Adult books.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I can't believe I almost waited on this series too Heidi, I am so glad that I didn't. It really is fantastic!
    I hope you are able to get to it soon!

    ReplyDelete